What do you think about psychedelics

Everything else psy related. Ideas & life ~~ share your trip and psy experience and etc...

Moderator: Fantapsy

What do you think about psychedelics?

Psychedelics have been used for thousand of years everywhere on the planet. The trance movement just redefines this ancient culture in a modern way. I consider psychedelics to be generally useful and i take it ritually.
59%
Psychedelics help people to expand their consciousness. I take them regularly at a party.
21%
I prefer other stuff instead of psychedelics. I / a friend of mine had a badtrip once and don't wanna take it again. I take other stuff.
2%
I dont take any. Why should music be always connected to drugs???
8%
I am too young, i don't know psychedelics that good
No votes
Another shitty discussion about drug addiction?? go phuk off with your propaganda. I need no drugs, i have enough alkohol to be happy.
No votes
I have experimented with these and that but i think that the real enlightenment comes without any substances
11%

Total votes: 63

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

What do you think about psychedelics

Post by time wave zero » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:56 am

Hello people.

I want to ask you a question and i would be greatly thankful if you take part in the pall above.

What do you think about psychedelics?

I am really very interested to see what kind of people are here on triplag. Do people here respect psychedelics or do they not??

In the country i live in since lots of years, Germany ( and the countries around Germany too) there is a very strong and developed culture of psychedelics. Most people that i know do take them and do respect them a lot. And most people that i know are very engaged in psychedelics, they either write or publish books about that, or they organize events and conferences, or they do some practical work in laboratories and psychology centres or they just experiment with their mind....Most people that i know here in this part of the world are very open to these kind of things.

But i have made very negative experience with that kind of things in the trance scene in the country where i was born for instance: Bulgaria. Even people from the so called dark scene (djs and artists) don't get it at all and call us "drug addicted" in public. They not only lack of respect for psychedelics but even think this is the worst thing ever ( and nevertheless they consume enormous portions alkohol). To me they even said they are gonna call the police because i am worshipping too much an illegal substance.

Well, to some extent i find this silly and ridiculous, especially if i compare that to the culture i live in since 8 years now. But is is also deeply disturbing and i wanted to see how is the situation in general here on triplag. I know we have all different cultures and countries here. Please just answer the poll. It is very important to me to see what the situation is in the dark psy culture and this is the only forum that i know, which has kept the spirit of dark psy pure ( so that this is the only place i can ask you that)

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Wow, big poll, Tina! :P

I voted for the first option - I haven't actually tried that much psychedelics (because, here it is not so easy to find), but I think that psychedelics are blessed and sacred.

I bow down to the holy trip! :bub

kriz
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by kriz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Nice poll TimewaveZero!

I take it as the ritual it shouldbe IMHO. With friends or at party it
is a special time, I like to start the dose on the same time so we
share the trip/experience..

For me it is been the tool I have learned so much about myself and the
world... Also living with friends make you able to be real close and
get to know people really good, very nice experiences..

It makes me see what is importnat in life and what is not also...

Hope to see other also comment it...

Peace&Love.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:09 pm

Thank you very much for comments and voting!;)) It is really very important for me to see how the big picture in the dark psy culture looks like. :) hope to read much more comments too, please ppl, just give us your opinion about that, whatever it is;). I really need to understand what dark psy freaks think about that, because recently we had a very long discussions with some worldknown artists from this scene and they somehow felt or were afraid that the dark psy freaks are more on speed and alk than on psychedelics.....which i consider a bit abusive.......because the first ones are real addictive drugs and the second one is just psychedelics. big difference.

And nice to read that Zero Blade;). Such a relief really;)))). Nice that you dont have the same opinion as the elder in this country ( i had a slightly anxious thoughts that i am gonna be criminalized here now in this topic;)))))). As i always said you are my hero of the new generation;))))))

virtualien
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by virtualien » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 pm

psychedelic a gift from god >> for people with an increased awareness

Toxic Anger Syndrome
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by Toxic Anger Syndrome » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:59 pm

I consider psychedelics to be generally useful and i take it ritually & it helps people (some, not all) to expand their consciousness... I don´t party on the "drug" anymore or havent´t done it in 2 years or so... Just take it sometimes when I do music or if it´s some "special occation"

So my answer is between the 1:st and 2:nd alternative I guess... ;)

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:27 pm

I am of the opinion that a properly "tuned" mind does not need such things to experience trance-like states. One major stumbling block many....dare I say most, people have is a lack of true understanding of musical compositions.

I agree with the saying, "Dont knock it until you try it.", but consistant use of ANY drug, sugar and caffiene included, is not healthy.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 pm

oh finally we have a contra opinion;)))) always nice to have them in order to find the truth;))))

what do you mean by "true understanding musical compositions" ??????;)

and what is properly tuned mind?

well, if we define the properly tuned mind as the frequence of the brain which can be alpha, beta, teta, etc....then we have a proper mind only if the brain frequence changes into a the so called trance frequence. this frequence we can achieve through meditation ( how many of us are really able to meditate properly and really fall into trance by meditating?????????????), or through fasting ( no eating and no sleeping ) or through sensoric deprivation and silence ( have you ever tried to be in a samadhi tank for some hours and do you know how difficult it is to really fall in trance there????). and there are many many other ways to achieve trance, which are not connected with drugs. but the question is, are these ways really able to guide you into a real trance state, i mean how many people do you know who can achive trance like that???? may be some gurus or sadhus or wahtever but how many people CAN really do that??????????
about the "healthy", well i dont know, but there are dozens of books out there that claim and proove that acid has totally no impact on health so it cannot be compared even to sugar.

well, i am not convinced that people should take acid regularly and forever either, but i think it can help a lot , even if you take it one single time in your life.....

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:47 am

btw here is the right place to post an announcement about the world psychedelik forum in Basel in 2008. Does anyone here plan to attend??? If yes, please let us connect;). It is always very useful to hear what the profs and the scientists think about that. Because here we can talk whatever and say 1000 times that lsd is less harmful than sugar, but if we are not profs or whatever, people just dont believe us heheh.
btw we have some of the lections from the last conference as video on www.psy-film.com but they are mostly on german except fro alex grey. i promise to make these videos and website more international very soon, i really would like to share these infos and videos also with non german triplag family members....

http://www.psychedelik.info/
Unfortunately 250 euro entrance.... :(

World psychedelic forum 2008
Psychedelics have been widely used for thousands of years nearly everywhere on the planet. Psychoactive plants have been central to most ancient sacred rituals and primitive medical treatments. They have been worshipped in all cultures as "Plants of the Gods" and considered as mediators between human beings and the universe, linking the physical to the spiritual dimensions of existence.

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 pm

time wave zero wrote:oh finally we have a contra opinion;)))) always nice to have them in order to find the truth;)))).....
Nah, Im just a jerk ;-] .....j/k
time wave zero wrote:what do you mean by "true understanding musical compositions" ??????;).....
From my experience, most people simply listen to music as a background noise, for lack of a better term...they dont breathe it, they dont taste it.

There are interrelationships of melody, harmony and rhythm - the basic elements of music - and how they work together to create different musical styles. Like a language, without at least some understanding, you dont know what is going on.
time wave zero wrote:and what is properly tuned mind? .....
I dont think it is something you should be trying to work towards, rather it is a byproduct of other physical lifestyle choices. Healthy body = healthy mind.

time wave zero wrote:well, if we define the properly tuned mind as the frequence of the brain which can be alpha, beta, teta, etc....then we have a proper mind only if the brain frequence changes into a the so called trance frequence. this frequence we can achieve through meditation ( how many of us are really able to meditate properly and really fall into trance by meditating?????????????), or through fasting ( no eating and no sleeping ) or through sensoric deprivation and silence ( have you ever tried to be in a samadhi tank for some hours and do you know how difficult it is to really fall in trance there????)......
Have you ever went 72 or more hours with no sleep?? Better than most drugs I would say...your mind is, well, maybe its better to say it is not.

Meditation - I find it relaxing, but not trance-like. I imagine I am either not doing it correctly, or my mind is not "tuned" to meditation because I lack the proper "theory"...you dig?

Silence - Again, relaxing, but not trance inducing by any means.

What does bring about that state for me is going for a jog - listening to some Far East Ghost or CPC for example....having each foot fall on a beat.....physically I sync up to the music and my mind soon (usually, depending on how much it is bogged down with other thoughts) follows....I taste the blood pumping out through the valves of the heart, I feel the brain moving away from a "left-brain" way of thinking and into a "right-brain" mode. Sorry for being so abstract.
time wave zero wrote:...and there are many many other ways to achieve trance, which are not connected with drugs. but the question is, are these ways really able to guide you into a real trance state,
i mean how many people do you know who can achive trance like that???? may be some gurus or sadhus or wahtever but how many people CAN really do that??????????
about the "healthy", well i dont know, but there are dozens of books out there that claim and proove that acid has totally no impact on health so it cannot be compared even to sugar.......
See above - I know that when all the pieces fall together, darkpsy and physical/mental sync is the most trance-like state I have ever been in. I feel almost disassociated with my self.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 pm

well, about the cosmic understanding of music i totally agree with you. i have seen so many people and artists too who actually can make music but have no idea about the cosmic harmony.
that is why i made a video about the planet tones recently
http://www.psy-film.com/spirit/planeten ... ntoene.htm
but it is still only in german. but i am preparing another part on eglish about microtuning of synths.
it is a very important subject because if we manage to synchronise with that, then we will definitely need no substances any more.....it is a theory about the planet frequences and tones: you can use them in order to make different cosmic music for defferent star constellations ( for each different day) and thus you synchronise.
you are right that people usually unfortunately have no mind while they are listening to music on drugs. and here i mean drugs and not acid.

about the other things you said: well i dunno ...i have tried them all: including mind machines ( i have one here that i dont use anymore but it is exactly a sync for going from the one brain half into the other), and not sleeping and silence ( i meant real silence like it is in samadhi tanks, you know what is this?) and indian rituals of sweating and so many other but i still never got the same insights as i had on acid.
about the healthy mind in a healthy body, i continue saying that lsd has no known impact on your body, only on your brain.
and what if i said here: hey, mind machine are the perfect means for trance, use them! what would you say then? would it be a drug ( after all you get mentally addicted to that too)? would it be right?????what do you think?

heathenbrewing
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by heathenbrewing » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:47 pm

time wave zero wrote:well, about the cosmic understanding of music i totally agree with you. i have seen so many people and artists too who actually can make music but have no idea about the cosmic harmony.
that is why i made a video about the planet tones recently
http://www.psy-film.com/spirit/planeten ... ntoene.htm
but it is still only in german. but i am preparing another part on eglish about microtuning of synths.
it is a very important subject because if we manage to synchronise with that, then we will definitely need no substances any more.....it is a theory about the planet frequences and tones: you can use them in order to make different cosmic music for defferent star constellations ( for each different day) and thus you synchronise.
you are right that people usually unfortunately have no mind while they are listening to music on drugs. and here i mean drugs and not acid.

about the other things you said: well i dunno ...i have tried them all: including mind machines ( i have one here that i dont use anymore but it is exactly a sync for going from the one brain half into the other), and not sleeping and silence ( i meant real silence like it is in samadhi tanks, you know what is this?) and indian rituals of sweating and so many other but i still never got the same insights as i had on acid.
about the healthy mind in a healthy body, i continue saying that lsd has no known impact on your body, only on your brain.
and what if i said here: hey, mind machine are the perfect means for trance, use them! what would you say then? would it be a drug ( after all you get mentally addicted to that too)? would it be right?????what do you think?
Nein sprechen sie deutsch…or something like that ;-)…my German is equivalent to that of a retarded two-year old…..forgive me.

Sounds interesting though…let me know when the next part is prepared. I am more of a scientific mind more than a cosmic mind (although I consider myself quite spiritual although vehemently anti-religious), so I am not quite understanding your "cosmic music for different star constellations". Sounds intriguing.

By the way, I meant those people who strictly listen/dance to music generally do not understand it at all regardless of ANY drug use OR non-use….which would explain a lot of what is considered popular music today. Those who create are generally more likely to have a better understanding.

I didn’t mean to imply that ingestion of lsd would lead to an unhealthy mind/body. I meant that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, which leads to spirituality that is unclouded, more "true" (a subjective term, I understand) than a drug induced insight. Sure, it may not be as vivid or mind blowing or fun, but I feel it is a more proper path….at least for me. Science is more insightful than any drug because it is tangible.

And yes, I do know what a float tank is.

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm

;)

yes, i will keep you informed if the next video about the cosmic tones is ready. i only have to visit the studio of akasha project and star sounds orchestra next month so that they show us themselves how the practical work with the planet tones looks like. probably you know that star sounds orchestra have a very unique live act with gongs which is always tuned with the star constellation of the moment the party takes place. it is really very scientifical so i guess you will find some useful infos in that.

this theory is not very spread outside germany and swiss. the guy who invented it , hans cousto ( the one from my video) is a swiss mathematician. he works also in a very popular german and swiss drug and culture project , eve and rave. he is engaged into spreading infos about drugs. here some more info in englis about the planet tones but i will post a introduction in english with some details very soon.
http://www.planetware.de/octave/index.html

btw they even got the frequences of different molecules, and not only from planets. so they have made some music with the frequences of lsd too;))). they do that with a special machine which they use to define the chemical structure of a drug ( here in germany they do that before the party so that people are aware what they intend to ingest). but more info is coming very very soon. please stay tuned!;)

UpLifTeR
3plaĞ connected!
3plaĞ connected!

Post by UpLifTeR » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:38 pm

actually i have never been into psychoactive substances at all...i prefere my music straight... and i acept it the way it is and i can't say i dont enjoy it if im not on smth xD but never taking such substances has left me with some questions ... how will it be when i take them? how can the music touch me then? xD i guess i won't find out soon xD as i said i prefere to be cleanminded and listen the music for itself not for the conditions i get after using some things

sorry for the nonsense answer and bad spelling xD

time wave zero
ॐ Vibe
ॐ Vibe

Post by time wave zero » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:53 pm

go go uplifter :grin: we wanna hear what the people out there think :D
and imo it is boring if we all had the same opinion about everything. with different views of the subject we can learn from each other;)