dark-psy bass in reason

Music creation & DJ mixing, how tos questions, discussions & help ~~~ Musical Software/hardware/skills etc...
psypsych
The beat is born
The beat is born

dark-psy bass in reason

Post by psypsych » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:30 pm

does anyone knows any trick to create a dark-psy bass in reason?
i've been trying for days but....

Mandari
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Mandari » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:28 am

well,

it´s the same like with any other daw or synth. just keep on working on it and tweak the envelope, avoid hearing to kick/bass for hours just to get it right. if you´re not sre how to create bass, just google for tutorials. you will find more than you need i guess.

also feel free to have a look at the "simple zebra bass patch" thingy i wrote (http://triplag.com/4room/viewtopic.php?t=5173), already a lot mentioned there. isratrance got a 100 page "all about bassline" thread, youtube offers thousands of 10 minute vids on how to get psybass.

there you go, cheerz :roll

psilopsyben
DJ team
DJ team

Post by psilopsyben » Sat May 01, 2010 3:26 am

I can't answer this now cuz I'm not at home, but I will get back to you on this. Stay tuned.....

Cosmic Lizard
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Cosmic Lizard » Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am

you can always get great vst's for basses like Albino 3, or Novation Bass station, etc..
In principe -> every programme works a bit the same, i geuss? nah? :blush I wish i could help you more but i work with Ableton live..
And its true what Mandari says -> you can learn a lot from tutorials online, even if its from another music making programma.. 8)
I heard great things about Reason though ;)
all the best of luck!! big boooom to all, peace!

kutanimal(Pleiadian)
DJ team
DJ team

Post by kutanimal(Pleiadian) » Sun May 02, 2010 11:49 am

Cosmic Lizard wrote:you can always get great vst's for basses like Albino 3, or Novation Bass station, etc..
In principe -> every programme works a bit the same, i geuss? nah? :blush I wish i could help you more but i work with Ableton live..
And its true what Mandari says -> you can learn a lot from tutorials online, even if its from another music making programma.. 8)
I heard great things about Reason though ;)
all the best of luck!! big boooom to all, peace!
reason dosent let u use vst`s !
i use subtractor to make bass in reason the secret is the eq u give compression etc all throw is not a super bass but is evolution maybe next year is super eheheh

psypsych
The beat is born
The beat is born

Post by psypsych » Sun May 02, 2010 1:55 pm

thanks for replying.i was trying through THOR and SUBTRACTOR to produce a bass sound but still it wasn't fat enough.so i used THE NNX-T sampler with a bass sample,i made some changes in filter,ambiance env. and also applied a notch filter at different frequencies in each note of the bass separately and voila: http://www.psytracks.com/psy-psych
have a listen the track is PLEASANT DIZZINESS.the bass is not what i was really looking for but it's still quite dark for ny taste.

Cosmic Lizard
Your vitals are stable!
Your vitals are stable!

Post by Cosmic Lizard » Sun May 02, 2010 7:17 pm

yeah that bass sounds good to my knowledge but that aint much haha :roll didnt know you couldnt use vst's with reason. but still you can get great basses without vst's, even on ableton or reason & etc :drinks

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Post by Plasma Force » Mon May 03, 2010 2:54 am

it would be quite nice to have Propellerheads incorporate or have a creation of a tool to allow Reason and perhaps Record to support VSTs, would be freaking endless possibility!

Still Thor kicks out nice bass riffs though :P

:Rolf

JARJOR
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by JARJOR » Mon May 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Reason it´s really cool for sampling and rhithms.Redrum works very good , a lot of drum and bass producers use it, becouse seems to be a very good drum machine... and all the presets are quite good too.For sampling little thing that sounds a little bit more industrial (it´s more easy to reach to this kind of sound, i guess you could do a lot of things but the question it´s to use what instrument are more appropiate).Sometimes i use to put reason in an ableton channel.So you can record a wave sound into ableton even in reason it´s still midi.I guess you can use his synthetizizer as and vst to...it´s has quite good stuff too...