UV-fluorescent string for string deco in the USA??

Graphic arts & photo, fluro, decoration, Video DJ, projection and everything else that trips our eyesight out
idosedthekoolaid
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

UV-fluorescent string for string deco in the USA??

Post by idosedthekoolaid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 am

just curious...

i am having to use acid dyes and wool to create fluorescent string for a deco project for our stage @ Interfuse (midwest regional burn) and was just wondering where US folk have obtained UV-reactive string for this sort of thing.

It's gotta be available somewhere but I sure can't find it.

Sure, there's mason line from the major hardware store chains but it doesn't come in decently priced bulk and only one color fluoresces well (pink).

I got blue covered since most whites give a nice blue under blacklight but other colors I can only find from a company in the UK (stylecraft makes a few, which are available on glowshop).

any ideas? :)

moondoggy
Entering ॐ phase...

Post by moondoggy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

move to the UK??

idosedthekoolaid
Triplag patron
Triplag patron

YOU BASTARD!!!

Post by idosedthekoolaid » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:42 pm

YOU TERRAISTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!!

not to worry, i gots dye on the way, like hell i'd let all the work i did on those 15 or so equilateral 4'8" triangles go to waste :)

and as mentioned in other places, spraypaint will rescue us if for some reason other plans fail ;)

shoulda looked into that part of it waaay earlier, but just assumed something would turn up stateside.

as for moving to the UK...i LOVED my visit to london but DAMN they are SO overpoliced there. CCTV EVERYWHERE

oh yeah...and i really like my guns :D