Still no Chat-room??!?!

Information about Live & scheduled events on TRIPLAG radio ~ times, schedules, line ups, comments & feedback!

Moderator: Triplag Live

Tweedle
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Still no Chat-room??!?!

Post by Tweedle » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm

I attempted to get a chatroom started for the Triplag kru (well over 3 years ago) but no one expressed any interest in getting it rolling :(

I would take the responsibility starting and maintaining the actual room, user permissions/ops, channel protection, etc. - But I feel THE most IMPORTANT part of getting it started would be adding a link on the home page so users would know that this new feature is now available. Also, creating a way for users to join the chat-room directly from the home page (like a java applet, or something of the sort) is also needed. I'm unsure how to completely do this, plus I don't have the access to do this on my own. So, I would need some help from the website admin to make this happen.

But like I said before, as far as the actual chat-room, I can take full responsibility maintaining daily operations, and creating accounts for all the admins here so that they are admins in the chat-room also.

I personally feel that having a chat-room is essential to getting to know the people on this beautiful site and creating better connections and relationship with us few like-minded people. :D

Can we at least get a discussion going on this topic, it's been a long time since I brought up this idea and I feel like I made no progress in getting it done. I want to fix that :)

Plasma Force
څҐαnceformínĞ...
څҐαnceformínĞ...

Re: Still no Chat-room??!?!

Post by Plasma Force » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 am

Great Idea

would be a nice feature :)

good luck

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm

It will happen, in time, after the new site is launched.

Tweedle
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Tweedle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

ohhhhh... new site you say?!?!?

if you need help, like with some of my ideas for the chat-room, i'd be MORE THAN happy to lend a helping hand :D

just PLEASE don't use a mibbit chat app that doesn't allow users to connect through regular IRC programs, like mIRC or X-Chat

thanks

:D :D :D

Vess
Your Trip Guide
Your Trip Guide

Post by Vess » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Any updates? :blush

Tweedle
Seeking connection...
Seeking connection...

Post by Tweedle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:12 am

their is not much for me to do until the new site is made up..
essentially the new site will have to contain a java applet, or something similar, that allows users to access the chat room straight from the webpage.
i don't really know anything about building webpages, but i assume their is a person here in the Triplag family that does because this site is up and running now....

i guess what i was trying to say is that we SHOULD have a chatroom accessible from the Triplag webpage and that once that is available i can help create a "bot" that has useful features to keep the chatroom safe and enjoyable. things like an announcement for what is playing on the stream and update it whenever the song changes; the chatroom's topic could be automatically updated when the track changes; keeping track of users who abuse the chatroom and need to be banned, or reprimanded; messaging features so that you can leave a message for someone when that they receive the next time they log in - the typical tools one would need to maintain a chatroom for a radio station :)

i have experience with this subject because i have done all of this for two other radio stations and torrent site's chatroom

if this sounds like the type of stuff that would be wanted in the new Triplag chatroom, then I'm the guy to talk to. :D

as far as getting the applet for the webpage up and running, I've never done that before, BUT I can learn how to do it and try to help out whoever is responsible for it.

i do know of a few chat servers that allow people to create new chatrooms and their network is very reliable and can handle a good amount of traffic. but typically i see new stations with chat rooms use the IRC services of Mibbit, and I personally think Mibbit sucks. I'm guessing they only use Mibbit because they don't know much about IRC and Mibbit has simple solutions for their needs. I would like Triplag to avoid using Mibbit if possible.

I don't know really how useful I'll be, but I would LOVE to be a part of getting the chatroom up and running AND keeping it that way.

if any of you know about this new site and who is in charge of the stuff that would involve the chatroom, PLEASE tell them that I would like to talk with them and see if I am of any use to them :)

thanks

Zero-Blade
Psycho

Post by Zero-Blade » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 pm

I do all the design and coding on the site and forum, so don't worry, everything will be made. It just takes time.

#triplag on QuakeNet
WebChat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=t ... k9dHJ1ZQ58

The embed webchat is coming shortly.